Ageing. No one wants it. No one wants to deal with it. Unfortunately, there’s no real way around it. Or is there? Yes, the years go on but does your skin have to show it? Certainly not! We’re going to tell you the 3 ‘Must-Haves’ you need in your skincare to fight ageing.
Serums for sure!
Using serums, especially the right ones for your skin, is an essential tool to combat ageing. Serums with retinol, hyaluronic acid and vitamin C are particularly useful in treating dull skin tones, fine lines and wrinkles.
Retinol or Retinal (a less potent form) help increase the production of collagen and improves skin colour whilst serums with hyaluronic acid hydrate the skin, improving it’s elasticity. Vitamin C in serums work to improve the skins elasticity.
There are so many serums to choose from! So, if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by your choices, John is available for a virtual consultation to talk you through it all or you can visit our serum collections here.
Top tips for using Serums;
- Don’t rub Serums into your skin. Instead, lightly cover your face and neck, smooth out evenly and then pat onto your skin.
- For ultimate absorption, use a face roller.
- Wait 5 minutes for serums to absorb into your skin and then moisturise.
Eye you serious?
If you’re serious about your anti-ageing skincare routine, you can’t neglect the ever-telling eye area. Subject to fine lines and wrinkles like ‘Crows Feet’ (lines outside the corners of your eyes) and ‘Bunny Lines’ (on the inside corners of your eyes), the eyes are an important area to treat for ageing. Let’s talk about why this area is so susceptible to wrinkles. Basically, from constant movement, loss of elasticity as we get older and environmental factors like the sun’s rays, our eye areas is usually one of the first places to make us look (ahem) old. Thankfully, there are many products to choose from to treat the eye area! Here are 3 of our faves!
- Aspect Dr Eye Lift - Deeply hydrate and replenish moisture with this luxurious eye cream. Containing a peptide complex to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness.
- Medik8 The CSA Eye Kit - Designed especially for the delicate eye area, The CSA Eye Kit has everything you need for refreshed, radiant-looking eyes. Featuring Eyes & Lips Micellar Cleanse™, C-Tetra® Eye, Advanced Day Eye Protect™ and Intelligent Retinol Eye TR™
- Medik8 Ultimate Recovery Bio Cellulose Masks - Treat your complexion to Medik8 Ultimate Recovery Bio-Cellulose Mask; a serum-infused sheet mask that works to soothe, replenish and detoxify skin.
Fun in the Sun
We all know how important it is to protect our skin from the sun. There are so many health risks which can result from exposing our skin to UV Rays and although not one of the worst, ageing skin is one of them! Ultraviolet radiation penetrates deep into the skin, causing damage to the collagen and elastin fibres that provide our skin with its elasticity, strength and suppleness hence why too much unprotected exposure can cause wrinkles and fine lines.
Other than the basics like wearing a hat and protective clothing, sunscreen with at least 30+ SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is essential to shielding your skin from the sun.
But, how do you stay on top of your sunscreen application?
For a straight up sun screen, we love any product from the Aspect Sun range. This collection of UVA and UVB SPF 50 and 50+ skincare will elevate your daily routine because Aspect Sun products are ultra-hydrating, lightweight and fast absorbing for all-year-round use.
Choosing a daily moisturiser with sun protection included is a great way to ensure your skin is covered every day. We love asap Moisturise Daily Defence - suitable for normal, combination, sensitive, dry and dehydrated skin, asap moisturising daily defence is great for wearing under foundation and with an added bonus of SPF 50+, you can be assured you will be protected from the harsh external elements.
And don’t we all love convenience? Aspect Sun has a product which is small but packed with loads of SPF and the best part? It can be conveniently attached to handbags, backpacks and keyrings to use anytime you need it! Check out - Envirostat® 'On The Go' SPF50. Suitable for your face and body, this product is SPF 50, light weight and is 4 hours resistant.
So, to fight ageing skin, make sure you use your serums, treat your eyes and protect yourself from the sun!